Friday, March 2, 2012

Dr. Visit

Just a quick update... Yesterday's Dr. visit didn't go quite as I had hoped.  I really felt like things would look good and go smoothly since Kelsie has been kicking and moving up a storm.  But that wasn't quite the case.  While I realized that my ankles have been swelling, I haven't been too concerned because I've been keeping a check on my blood pressure at home.  So far, it's been ok for the most part.  But yesterday it was high, and the doctor wanted some labwork done just to make sure we're ok in that aspect.  But my biggest concern today is that Kelsie's heartbeat was a lot slower than it has been so far.  The doctor said that it's still in the low normal range, and that's ok for now.  But I'll just be honest, I'm scared to death.  Yes, I know God is in control and has His hand on us.  But I am human, and I love my baby girl.  So I am pleading for your prayers.  One, for Kelsie's comfort and well-being.  And two, for strength and peace for Dennis and me.  I am so thankful for all of my praying friends and family.  You guys will never know how much I love and appreciate each of you.  As I'm trying to close this out, another song comes to mind (I'm sure you've noticed by now how much God uses music in my life :) ).  It's a song we used to sing at the church I went to with my mom growing up.  And the words may not be exactly right, but you'll get the point...

     I need the prayers of those I love
     To hold me up on wings of faith
    That I may walk the narrow way
    Held by our Father's glorious grace

    I need my friends to pray for me
    To bear my tempted soul above
    And intercede with God for me
    I need the prayers of those I love

3 comments:

  1. So, today is the first time I've been able to read your blog. And, honestly, it's the first time I've tried.
    I knew that reading it would probably be really hard to do, especially without crying. So where am I now?? At OGHS while I'm subbing for a computer class with decent internet access. You know how it is at the house.... Trying to read what you've shared without crying is impossible. I'm just hoping the students don't notice.
    As hard as it is for me to read what you're sharing and know what you're going through, I can only imagine how you're feeling. Your strength through all of this amazes and inspires me. I don't know if I could do it.
    Basically I just wanted to tell you that I love you. I'm praying for you and Dennis and, of course, sweet little Kelsie.
    I wish there was more I could do.
    With all my love,
    Courtney Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear sweet Crystal,
    I just want you to know that you are in our prayers daily, throughout the day, yes God is in control BUT yes you are very human and have longed to be a Mom, which you have been since the conception of your first precious little one, so it is totally, perfectly, truly and completely understandable that you are scared to death with this recent report, does that make you any less a true believing child of God, NO, it just shows that you are a worried Mom. I wish there was something I could do to make it easier, but only God can give you true comfort, just know that through your writing your thoughts in this journey that you have touched so many people and have been such a blessing, and for that I believe you will be blessed. We love you.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey friend. I've reading this song and thought I'd share it with you. I pray God can use it to speak His healing words to you...love you

    Desert Song...(don't know the artist) :)

    This is my prayer in the desert
    When all that's within me feels dry
    This is my prayer in my hunger and need
    My God is the God who provides

    This is my prayer in the fire
    In weakness or trial or pain
    There is a faith proved of more worth than gold
    So refine me Lord through the flame

    I will bring praise, I will bring praise
    No weapon formed against me shall remain
    I will rejoice, I will declare
    God is my victory and He is here

    This is my prayer in the battle
    When triumph is still on its way
    I am a conqeror and a co-heir with Christ
    So firm on His promise I will stand

    I will bring praise, I will bring praise
    No weapon formed against me shall remain
    I will rejoice, I will declare
    God is my victory and He is here

    This is my prayer in the harvest
    When favor and providence flow
    I know I'm filled to be emptied again
    The seed I've received I will sow

    ReplyDelete