Friday, March 9, 2012

Long Week...Long Road

Spring break?  Yes, please!  What a week we  have had!  After last week's appt, the Dr. wanted me to do some labwork (24 hr collection for those of you familiar with OB labs lol).  So I was supposed to turn that in Monday morning.  After the nasty weather we had over the weekend (running from tornado and thankfully being spared), I was pretty sick by Monday morning, so I made an appt with the nurse practitioner at the OB office.  (Good note...Kelsie's heartbeat was back up closer to where it has been most of the pregnancy!!! Praise the Lord!!!)  Before I could get out of there, the results from my 24 hr were in...the levels they look at for toxemia/preeclampsia were elevated.  So they sent me home to do another 24 hr and turn it in on Wed.  Went Wed. and they also did more bloodwork in addition to the 24 hr.  Results that day were elevated again.  So yes, yet another stupid 24 hr collection to be turned in today.  I asked was it really necessary to do 3 in one week and was told that keeping a close eye was the only thing between me staying home or going into the hospital.  Ugh.  So, go in this morning at 6:30 to take the 24 hr in, and they say I need more blood drawn...go figure.  My arms have about had it.  Went to my appt this afternoon and talked a long while with the nurse practitioner.  I think I kind of have them baffled...not a surprise...seems like the story of my life :)  My blood pressure is staying within a decent range, but my ankles and face are swelling, and protein is pouring into my urine (a major sign of toxemia).  The NP decided to call my OB and ask about a hospital stay.  I prayed the whole time she was out of the room.  I really didn't want to go into the hospital.  Thankfully, the lab results from today were slightly better...still not good at all, but just barely better enough that she said we could put off the hospital for now...Hallelujah!  Of course, she said to rest all that I can (what's that? lol).  Never have I ever been so thankful for Spring Break.  I think that's also one of the reasons why she didn't make me go on to the hospital...because I promised to rest the whole week.  So, now we're just praying for rest, better labs, and no hospital any time soon.  We have our next appt next Thurs.  We'll redo labs again and have results at that appt.  Please keep us in your prayers.  We love and appreciate each of you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment